The Bachelor of Computer Application course is formed in the year 2005 is approved by UGC and affiliated to M.D University Rohtak, Haryana. Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) is a 3-Years Bachelor’s Degree in computer science. Fast growing information technology and communication systems have become critical components of almost every company’s strategic plan. Companies which want to take advantage of the new information technologies and communication systems require expert professionals, who can apply computer science principles to solve problems produced by the interface between business and technology. BCA Course is an undergraduate program where students are exposed to various areas of computer applications including the latest developments in the industry. BCA in B.S.A.I.T.M. is a perfect blend of extensive practical work and analysis of case studies. This provides a thorough knowledge in Networking and Programming concepts and practice with particular emphasis on the relation model.
The BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) program in the field of computer applications is customized for students wishing to shine in the field of information technology. This program aids the students to get a sound understanding of computer applications which can give them a perfect start for a challenging career in the field of information technology. This program prepares students with the necessary skills to build successful careers in the information sector. The curriculum is truly tuned for the holistic development of the students and aims at nurturing them as proficient programmers and computer professionals.
This program is concerned with design, development, and use of computer applications. Application implies incorporation of the operating system, a utility and a programming language. Thus, BCA graduates are able to develop and prepare documents, projects, presentations, design websites and demonstrate skills in running software programs. Besides imparting theoretical knowledge, a lot of stress is laid on hands-on training and overall development of the personality. Students graduating from this program can work gainfully in software services companies, outsourcing companies, and other allied sectors. The program has been designed to impart advanced knowledge in various areas of computer applications. It has been designed in such a way that student can complete it based on their advanced coursework. The structure of this program fosters a highly varied learning orientation in students by balancing core courses, advanced elective courses, and a substantial dissertation or project.
The structure of this program is revised in a way to cope up with the advances in the field. This program will impart employability and creativity to the students so that they live up to the standards of the IT industry. During this program, an effective Industry – Institute interaction is achieved through seminars, workshops and guest lectures.
This encourages the proficient symposium between the students and the participating managers from the industry. In addition, it also provides the students a chance to visualize their roles in the industry beforehand. It thus enhances knowledge of the students by interacting with the Industry skills, and their leadership qualities.
NO. OF PASS OUT BATCHES
|Bachelor of Computer Applications (B.C.A.)||60||3 Years||09|
A candidate must have passed 10+2 examination from a Board of School Education Haryana, Bhiwani with at least 45% marks (42.75% in the case of SC/ST candidates) in aggregate or an examination recognized by M.D. University, Rohtak as equivalent thereto OR Three years Diploma Course conducted by State Board of Technical Education or any other examination recognized by the State Board of Technical Education as equivalent thereto.. [OR as may be amended by the competent authority].
Admission to this course is made by the institute itself on the basis of merit of aggregate marks obtained in 10+2 Examination [OR as may be amended/ reviewed by the competent authority].
Total: Rs.1,00,000/- per annum
After getting an BCA degree, one can enter any of the following roles :-
1. Joining IT firms Software and Web Developments
BCA has endless scopes in software. Those who with have skill and knowledge in programming and programming languages like HTML, CSS, jQuery, Ajax, PHP, MySQL, ASP, JSP, Tomcat, Python, and Perl etc. can choose an IT industry with Web development background. Software development you require good skill and knowledge of the programming languages like .Net, C++, C#, Java etc.
2. System Analyst
A systems analyst is an information technology professional who specializes in analyzing, designing and implementing information systems. Systems analysts assess the suitability of information systems in terms of their intended outcomes.
3. Network Manage
A Network Manager Manage and maintain the network, as well as network performance monitoring, Identifying, installing and maintaining upgrades to the network
4. Digital Marketing
After BCA can also make a career in digital marketing. This field is emerging day by day.
5. Join Army
A graduate from BCA is also eligible to join armed forces like Army, Navy, and Airforce by applying for Combined Defence Services (CDS) entrance examination.
6. Go for Higher Studies
After BCA it is highly recommended that you should go for higher studies, depending upon your background and interest. After BCA you can opt followed degrees:
7. Other Options
If you are not a core programmer, and you still are passionate about computers, any job under the requires/uses computer technologies can be your career. For instance, Banks, Fashion Designing, Sound Engineering, Advertising, Marketing, Billing & Inventory, BPO’s and many other industries at various verticals, need Computers and knowledge of Computer Applications. BCA graduate has all these options open and calling.
As we have already mentioned above that BCA has umpteen opportunities and scope which can really make your future and can give high-paid salary. A career like teaching can also be a great opportunity to deliver you knowledge in shaping thousands of lives. All you need skill, knowledge and most importantly interest.
Department of BCA has following well-equipped laboratories :-
1.Programming in C lab:
The purpose of this lab is to introduce to students to the field of programming using C language. The students will be able to enhance their analyzing and problem-solving skills and use the same for writing programs in C
2.Object Oriented Programming using C++ Lab:
Object-oriented programming provides the concepts that help to model complicated systems of the real world into manageable software solutions. In this lab, students will learn the basic concepts of OOP with C++ language such as Inheritance, constructors, templates etc.
3.Database Management Systems (DBMS) Lab:
The objective of this lab is to develop the ability to design, implement and manipulate databases as well as to build Database management systems. It helps the students to learn how to manage databases using SQL Server and Oracle 9i, 10g.
4.Data Structures using C-Lab:
The purpose of DS Lab is developing skills to design and analyze simple linear and nonlinear data structures, to strengthen the ability to identify and apply the suitable data structure for the given real world problem and to gain knowledge in practical applications of data structures.
5.Web Development(WD) Lab:
- Vinod Jain , Pawan, A.K.Sharma, Rajendra K Sharma, “An Efficient Power Aware Routing Protocol For Mobile Adhoc Networks Using Cluster Head”, published in 10th INDIACom; INDIACom-2016; IEEE Conference ID: 37465 2016 3rd International Conference on “Computing for Sustainable Global Development”, 16th – 18th March, 2016 Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Computer Applications and Management (BVICAM), New Delhi (INDIA)
- Vinod Jain, Jay Shankar Prasad, “An Optimized Algorithm for Solving Travelling Salesman Problem Using Greedy Cross Over Operator”, published in 10th INDIACom; INDIACom-2016; IEEE Conference ID: 37465 2016 3rd International Conference on “Computing for Sustainable Global Development”, 16th – 18th March, 2016 Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Computer Applications and Management (BVICAM), New Delhi (INDIA)
- Yogita Garg, Vinod Jain, “ An Advance Approach of Page Ranking Using Combination of Web Structure Mining and Web Content Mining”, published in Journal of Network Communications and Emerging Technologies (JNCET) Volume 5, Special Issue 2, December (2015).
- Vinod Jain, A.K.Sharma, Dr. Jai Sankar, “A new scheme for load balancing in distributed computing environments using Request Virtual Machine RVM”, presented in International Conference of Recent Trends in Computer and Information Technology Research, in B.S.Anangpuria Institute of Technology and Management on 25th and 26th September 2015.
- Vinod Jain, Pawan, A.K.Sharma, Rajendra K Sharma, “GENETIC ALGORITHM-BASED ROUTING PROTOCOL for ENERGY EFFICIENT ROUTING in MANETS“, presented in Internation Conference at BVICAM New Delhi on 12-December-2015.
- Vinod Jain et. al. ,“ Context-Based Indexing and Ranking in Information Retrieval Systems” in Volume II and Issue IV of International Journal of Computer Science and Management Research (IJCSMR) April 2013.
- Vinod Jain et. al. , Priority page content rank by web search result using the rank improvement” in Volume III, Issue 5, May 2013, ISSN 2250-3153 of International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications.
- Vinod Jain et. al. , “Web Search Result Using the Rank Improvement” in Volume III, Issue 5, May 2013, ISSN 2250-3153 of International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications.
- Vinod Jain et. al., “New Combined Page Ranking Scheme in Information Retrieval System”, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 4, Issue 4, April 2014, ISSN 2250-3153.
- Uma Sharma, Prem Sagar Sharma “Task Allocation Technique in Distributed Computing System for utilization of processors by reducing inter-task communication cost”, International journal of innovative research in computer and communication engineering, Volume 4, Issue 6, June- 2016, ISSN No. 2320-9798.
- Subhi Singh, Ritesh Rastogi, Prem Sagar Sharma, “Automatic lecture attendance System using face reorganization”, MATRIX Academic International Online Journal of Engineering and Technology, ISSN: 2348–3326 © MAIOJET Volume III Issue I, April 2015.(http://maioj.org/data/documents/april2015/041509.pdf)
- Pawan Kumar, Raj Kumar Goel, and Prem Sagar Sharma. “A New Architecture of Automatic Question Answering System using Ontology”. International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887), Volume 97 – No.20, July 2014. (http://research.ijcaonline.org/volume97/number20/pxc3897671.pdf)
- Pawan Kumar, Raj Kumar Goel, and Prem Sagar Sharma. “Domain Specific Named Entity Recognition (DSNER) from Web Documents”. International Journal of Computer Applications 86(18):24-29, January 2014. Published by Foundation of Computer Science, New York, USA.(http://www.ijcaonline.org/archives/volume86/number18/15087-3360)
- Rashmi Agarwal, Niraj Singhal, Prem Sagar Sharma, “Performance Metrics for Selection of Quality Hidden Web Documents”. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science, Volume 5, No. 7, September-October 2014, ISSN No. 0976-5697. (http://www.ijarcs.info/?wicket:interface=:1::::)
- Sanjeev Kr. Sharma, Prem Sagar Sharma, Divya Rathi, “Efficient Approach for Utilization of Processor for a task in Distributed Processing System with Reducing Inter-Task Communication ”, Proceeding of National Conference on Emerging Trends in Computational Research & Development, DSVV Haridwar, Sep.7-8 2013.
- Prem Sagar Sharma, A K Sharma, “Domain Specific Question Answering System Using Ontology and Automated Question Generation” in proceeding World Conference on Advances in Communication and Control Systems CACCS-2013.
- Prem Sagar Sharma, S K Sharma “Implementation of the technique of Space minimization for Counting Sort algorithm” in proceeding World Conference on Advances in Communication and Control Systems CACCS-2013.(http://www.atlantis-press.com/php/download_paper.php?id=6382)
- Atul Kumar Srivastava, Prem Sagar Sharma “Ontology Based Domain Specific Named Entity Recognition (DSNER) ” in proceeding international EMC confluence -2012.
- Atul Kumar Srivastava, Prem Sagar Sharma “Domain Specific Question Answering System Design” in proceeding national conference on EOIP-2012.
- Atul Kumar Srivastava, Prem Sagar Sharma, Anuj Kumar, National Conference CCOTM-2012 “CHARACTER RECOGNITION USING Segmentation in Handwritten Text”.
- Sunita Tomar, “Clustering documents in Information Retrieval System using ROCK” in Vol 5 and issue II in JNCET ISSN 2395-5317.
- Sunita Tomar, Vinod Jain, “Context-Based Indexing and Ranking in Information Retrieval Systems in” Vol II and issue IV in IJCSMR ISSN 2278-733X.
- Sunita Tomar, Savita Rana, “A step towards securing Adhoc networks using cryptography techniques” in National Conference organized in Guru Nanak Dev Engg. College Ludhiana (Punjab).
- Anu Chaudhary “Implementation of Offline Signature Verification using QR Code on Printed Cheques” presented in International Conference on Recent Trends in Computer and Information Technology Research, in B.S. Anangpuria Institute of Technology and Management on 25th and 26th September 2015.
- Anu Chaudhary, Girija Srikant, Pawan “Fast Offline Signature Verification using QR Code on Printed Cheques: A Review” published in International Journal For Advance Research In Engineering And Technology ISSN 2320 6802, Vol. 2, Issue III, March 2014.
- Anu Chaudhary, Sunita Tomar, “Comparison Between Traditional And Agile Software Development Methodologies & Design A Hybrid Software Development Methodology” Advanced Educational Institutions National Conference on Contemporary Computing 10, 11 Dec 2016.