Ragging in any form is a menace and it is totally banned in all respect as per the
orders of the Hon’ble Supreme Court. To deal with the incidents of ragging, an Anti-Ragging
Committee has been constituted at campus level.
Aims & Objects:
- The main objective of the Anti-Ragging Committee is to create a healthy and congenial
academic environment in the campus.
- To keep a continuous watch and vigil over ragging in the campus as well as hostel
so as to prevent its occurrence.
- To promptly and stringently deal with the incident of ragging brought into notice.
- To generate an atmosphere of discipline and brotherhood in the campus.
Functions & Duties:
- To ensure with the provisions of the regulations and any law for the time being
in force concerning ragging.
- To be vigilant at all hours including at odd hours all around the Campus and other
places vulnerable to incidents of ragging.
- To conduct anonymous random surveys among freshers to check whether the Campus is
indeed free from ragging.
- To report to the Director or the concerned Principal within a week for the implementation
of the decision/ action decided to be taken for the incident(s) of ragging which
come to their notice.
Punitive Measures for Ragging
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti-Ragging
Committee of the College, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging
shall be one or any combination of the following:
- Impose of fine.
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Debarring from any test/examination.
- Debarring from availing Scholarship.
- Debarring from availing add-on facilities.
- Debarring from participating in cultural and other activities.
- Considering the gravity of the offence the local police may be informed and FIR
may also be lodged.
- As a precautionary measure, until the matter is under consideration, the culprit/
accused shall be suspended.
- The meeting shall be called within 24 hours on receipt of any complaint and the
quorum of such meetings shall be “07” (seven). In case the complaint relates to
women’s than female members must be present in the meeting.
In order to maintain discipline inside & outside the Institutes among the students,
teaching and non-teaching staffs, a disciplinary committee has been set up.
Aims & Objects:
Women Grievances Redressal Committee
- To help in the administration and maintaining discipline and decorum in the institutes.
- To discourage student indiscipline, and ensure that a learner-friendly environment
is maintained in the campus.
- To take decision for better co-ordination among the students and the staff of the
- To decide any other matter such as ragging/ attempt to ragging, etc. as may be referred
to it by the Anti-Ragging Committee/ Competent Authority in force.
The Women Grievances Redressal Committee is formed to deal with the problems of
female students and faculty relating to harassment and violence at the workplace.
Aims & Objects:
- The prime objective of the Committee is to maintain fearless and congenial working
environment for women employees and students.
- To prevent discrimination and sexual harassment against women, by promoting gender
amity among students and employees;
- To deal with the cases of discrimination and sexual harassment against women, in
a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimized and bring
to an end the menace of harassment;
- To provide guidelines for basic right to work with dignity and to handle related
complaints received or referred to the Committee.
- To handle the grievances of female students and staff amicably and lay down the
procedure for grievances redressal.
- Responsible for maintaining discipline among the female students.
- To assess the climate prevailing in the female students community and take preventive
measures, such as issue of notices, warning, etc. for the purpose of forestalling
any eventually of any undesirable act.
- To deal with such other matters as may be assigned to it by the competent authority
in force from time to time.
Students’ Grievances Redressal Committee
The Students’ Grievances Redressal Committee is formed in the campus to address
the general grievances of the students associated with campus life related facilities
such as transport, hostel, mess, canteen, etc.